Wednesday, November 9, 2011

You can't make this stuff up!

Some days I answer the phone and have to remind myself, this is job security! Some of the calls we receive are true emergencies, and need to be treated as such. However A LOT of the calls we receive start with "This isn't an emergency but". Then you have the callers that are having a true emergency in their own minds, this is what I'm talking about today. You cannot make up these kinda calls!

Caller: I need to report a homicide, I'm sitting in the lobby of the hospital with my boyfriend waiting to be seen, he needs to report his murder.
Me: Ma'am he is sitting beside you?
Caller: Yes, do you need to speak to him?

Caller: I need to report an assault
Me: What happened Ma'am?
Caller: David Lee Roth stepped out of my poster and touched me where he is not supposed to.
Me: Did you take the poster down and throw it away
Caller No, I still really like him.

After 20 min on the phone with a caller reporting a prowler
Me: The police are out front can you step to the door and meet with them?
Caller: Oh, well I'm naked, do I have to get dressed?

This one is not mine but I always laugh every time I hear it!
Caller: My husband is not breathing I need EMS!
Dispatcher: Okay Ma'am we need to do CPR, Get him flat on his back on the floor.
Caller: Okay, Harold! Lay down on the floor I need to do CPR on you!
Harold: Okay
Dispatcher: Ma'am was that Harold, your husband that just answered you?
Caller: Yes!!!

The list goes on and on!
Please Share your 'Ican't believe that call' moments with us. Everyone needs a good giggle once in a while!

2 comments:

evangelina said...

Tonight this was our call:

Dispatcher "911, where's your emergency?"

Caller "I was just attacked by a deer."

Dispatcher "You were attacked by a deer?"

Caller "Yes, it was actually a gang of them. There were four, but two ran off."

Wouldn't you love to say something to the effect of "Wow, there are some serious gang initations among the deer these days" ;)

Becky said...

I read this out loud to my friend... I love this post.