Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Urban Dictionary of 911

911
1.) A number you call in an emergency and ONLY in an emergency!!!

- Your house is on fire
- Your having a heart attack
- Someone is breaking into your house

However, in the last few years it seems people think they can call 911 for almost any problem they have. (Example below)

1.) 911: 911, whats your emergency?
Crazy Chick: Ya, I'm at McDonald's and they told me there out of chicken nuggets, but I know their lying.
911: Oh my god...

911
The 'oh shit' button.
 
1.) I just killed my girlfriend!! Imma call 911!

911
1. A number you dial when there is an emergency, or if you are a duh-weeb, when you want to ask a question or report something that happened last week.

911 Call Taker
The unfortunate soul who answers 911 calls and is unable to make fun of you for it, or point out how dumb you are.

Your neighbor's lawn trimmings are getting on your lawn? The kids are throwing a superball near your car? Your 5 year old is out of control and won't go to bed? Your teenager isn't listening to you? The neighbors bush is too big? McDonalds didn't give you exact change? The car in front of you is driving slow on purpose? And it goes on, and on, and on...

3 comments:

Thumbs said...

Don't forget:
"Can you give me the number to Wal-mart?
"This isn't an emergency, but...", and
"2 weeks ago, I saw a suspicious guy on my street. Haven't seen him since, but after thinking about it, I wanted to let the police know."

Jenee said...

Ha ha! You need to do more of these!

Michelle said...

How about the "I have court on court on Monday (It's now Friday at 1800)...what courtroom do I need to go to?" or the child abuse call that comes in at 1705 on Friday so they don't have to deal with the caseworker. This goes on the list of things I wanna say one day---Find a phonebook and learn how to use it! Or dial 411...gotta love those calls that start with "It's not an emergency but I didn't know who to call..." Well you knew not to call me, cause it's NOT an emergency.