Super Easy & Super fast!
Dump Cake is an all time favorite in our 911 center. We cook it for Sunday dinners, holidays, birthdays or just because we feel like it. It can be literally thrown together in just a matter of minutes with minimal effort. Hot out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream on top or whipped topping and the afternoon perks right up.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (or any other fruit pie filling you like)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a 9x13 inch pan mix cherries and pineapple. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pineapple, and cherry mixture stir until just combined. Then sprinkle walnuts over top. Drizzle top with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake in a 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 35 or 40 minutes or until golden brown.