Friday, September 30, 2011

The things I wish I could say

All of us dispatchers have one. A list. You know the list. All the things we want to say but can't.
I have planned to use everyone of these answers on the day I retire. Only 19 more years to go!

When returning a 911 hang up call back and their response is "I didn't call you, you called me"
     ~Thats right Ma'am, I called you for shits and giggles. Today is your day I will call you back 3 more times.

When dispatching an Officer/Deputy to a car wreck with injuries, vehicle rolled over, flames showing and a person pinned in. "Central do you have Fire and EMS enroute also?"
    ~Negative, I thought you could handle it all Superman.

Answer the phone to "it's not really an Emergency BUT I didn't know who else to call"
   ~Okay Ma'am when you figure that out give them a call.....CLICK

I love hearing the words, I PAY YOUR SALERY
   ~ Great cause I need a raise, I haven't had one in 3 years

I am a single Mother of 2 children nothing pisses me off more than a caller that thinks the police should raise their children. "My son won't get outta bed and go to school, the police need to come make him get up"
   ~Let me raise your children for you Ma'am, I already got my own children up, fed and ready for school. I would just LOVE to do it for you too. STEP UP and raise your own children!


How about when you pick up the phone to someone screaming demands, swears and threats at you because the police/ems unit/fire truck didn't fall out of the sky as soon as they picked up the phone.
     ~"Oh yes now that you have screamed and threatened me I can work faster and harder for you."

One we hear at least once a day, "How long will it take for them to get here because I have things I need to do and I don't want to sit around and wait on them all day"
      ~Well Ma'am we dont give ETA's, this is an Emergcency call center. Officers/Deputies respond to emergencies in progress first. You kever know when a plane is gonna fall outta the sky into a major intersection.

6 comments:

Jenee said...

Love love love this! It made me giggle and smile this morning!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Janee! Too good to not read over again! Awwwww... One can only dream to see this day come true

Michelle said...

I'm gonna have to use (at least once)--I'm not really sure about that, hang on let me get my crystal ball out....oh wait it's in the shop, callback tomorrow.

evangelina said...

Love the post :) "I pay your salary"....my reply was "With all due respect sir, I could use raise." He hung up. No write-up, so I suppose he didn't complain. All of these things - along with "let me get a pen and paper" when they've called in for a phone number - drive me crazy!

emdoyle1111 said...

I needed to read this. This made me laugh out loud the whole time I was reading it. Thank you for all you do every day and just for being you.

Anonymous said...

i have to say that made me chuckle