Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never forget

It has been 10 years. If you ask any adult you meet today, where were you on 9/11, they can tell you exactly where they were and what they were doing. I had worked a 12 hour night shift at the 911 center and had fallen asleep just prior to the first plane crashing. The babysitter woke me to tell me. I spent the rest of the day glued to the television and all of that night at work. The pride I felt for my fellow Americans in the following weeks was immense.

343 Firefighters
60 Police Officer
55 Military Service Members
2922 Civilians

NEVER forget the sacrifices Emergency Services and our proud Military branches make daily, not just on this one day of the year
Thank You to all of my co-workers in Law, Fire, EMS & 911, thank you for all that you do everyday.

1 comment:

Jenee said...

And 44 Paramedics/EMT's... they are included in the 343, but not all were firefighters.