Monday, October 10, 2011

The Sunday Yummy, on a Monday

The Sunday Yummy is a day late this week! Sorry folks it has just been one of those weeks.

In honor of my Grandmother that passed away on Monday Oct 3rd I will post a MEATLOAF recipe. Now for anyone that knows me they know I HATE meatloaf!! Just the mention of if makes my stomach queasy! This life long problem was cause by my Dear Grandmothers MEATLOAF. Her MEATLOAF was only compared to a burned cinder block soaking in a tub of grease and covered in ketchup.
Now I do not own a recipe for MEATLOAF and do not plan to make a copy for myself. I will be adding one that I located on the internet. Enjoy!

Rest In Peace Nana Folwer. I hope your not incharge of MEATLOAF production in the kitchens of Heaven!!

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup dried bread crumbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1/3 cup ketchup

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.

2 comments:

Thumbs said...

Now I really want meatloaf. Hmmmm....Maybe for my teams lunch this Sunday.

Jenee said...

Meeeeeeaaaaaatlooooooaaaaaf!