Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Racism is alive and well in America

Never throw stones if you live in a glass house


By Definition:

rac·ism

[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1.
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Origin:
1865–70;  < French racisme.  See race2 , -ism


rac·ist, noun, adjective
an·ti·ra·cism, noun
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2013. 

in·tol·er·ance

[in-tol-er-uhns] Show IPA
noun
1.
lack of toleration; unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect contrary opinions or beliefs, persons of different races or backgrounds, etc.
2.
incapacity or indisposition to bear or endure: intolerance to heat.
3.
abnormal sensitivity or allergy to a food, drug, etc.
4.
an intolerant act.
Origin:
1755–65;  < Latin intolerantia.  See intolerant, -ance

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2013.  



To me a Racist is anyone intolerant of another groups race, religion, beliefs, culture, sex, Etc.
Someone who believes their race or culture is superior to any other, or someone who makes crude remarks to anothers race or insults them because of their culture. 
Yesterday I changed my profile picture to an Equality sign in honor of the many friends that I have that live an alternative lifestyle.
I did this on my personal page as well as the Diary of a Mad Dispatcher Facebook page. I did not post any political or religious rant. I simply changed a photo, didn't even add a caption. FOR SHAME on the people that took it upon themselves to send me rude emails, posted derogatory statements on the page wall or hateful comments in the comment feeds on posts. 
I do not care what color your skin is, your sexual preference, what religion you are or if you don't believe in religion. How you live your life is your business.
How DARE you hide behind the mantel of religion and cast stones! Your a good christian woman you say? Well let me tell you when I read the Bible I remember learning compassion for others, I remember learning that he who has not sinned should cast the first stone, I learned that no one is perfect including you or me.

If I am racist against anyone it is those people. The ones who use religion as a shield, Westboro Baptist Church comes to mind when I think of these kind of people. The Bible is simple. Be honest. Be respectful. Be compassionate.  Do not hurt others. Share your bounty. Most of all love one another, unconditionally.
To those of you that are intolerant of people with a sexuality you do not approve of my wish for you is to learn tolerance. I hope when your son, your daughter, your sister, your God son, your grandchild or any other person in your life that holds your heart comes to you and tells you they are Gay that you do not cut your nose off to spite your face. 
Facebook is social media. It is not work, or church, or home. My opinion or the opinions of my admins need not be restricted because we have freedom of speech as Americans. You do not have to like what I post, you do not have to like me and it is your right to unlike my page if my opinion on this matter offends you. If you choose to leave the page good riddance because people like that are a drain on society and honestly just exhausting on the soul. 

John 8
1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

6 comments:

JDW552 said...

Its true, things I heard yesterday brought tears to my eyes because I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around where these opinions and arguments are coming from. Someone called into a radio station saying if gay people can get married then it waters down his marriage. HOW IS THAT FREAKING POSSIBLE!? 1) his marriage is a sham and weak already and or 2) he's an intolerant, ignorant bigot that's hiding behind his religion. I'm a woman married to a man and we have 2 wonderful children and opening the definition of marriage to mean 2 human beings effects me in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY AT ALL except maybe where I'm more proud to be an American where we once again prove to believe in SIMPLE HUMAN EQUALITY!! someone else said well isn't civil unions and common law enough for them? WELL IS IT ENOUGH FOR YOU!? ugh, ok, im done venting too. basically..KMK, I agree w/ you 100%

Wright said...

Well said. But please keep in mind that not all us Christians are extremists. The majority of us strive to live up to the word of the lord.

Anonymous said...

Why cant I be a Christian and have beliefs with out being a racist? Just because I don't believe in same sex marriage doesn't mean that I hate gays, why is it OK that you can have your beliefs but I cannot? If I stand up for what I believe in im a horrible person? I just don't understand how this works... im not perfect by any means and im not saying any one is going to hell for being gay that's between then and their God not me ...

highway12south said...

I cannot agree more. I follow your facebook. I am the Deputy Director of a 9-1-1 center in rural central Virginia. I am straight as an arrow. But, nothing bothers me more than to see public safety employees who do not beleive in equality, regardless of the group or topic. How can I expect a public safety employee to provide equal service to a caller/patient/victim/etc. if they do not consider all people to have equal rights. Treating everyone equally and fairly is the core of what we do. Your facebook page is a Dispatcher page. Therefore, in a roundabout way, you represent dispatchers in a public forum. I would like to thank you for representing public safety dispatchers, with a simple profile picture, as a group that believes in equality.

Unknown said...

Alternatively I see nothing wrong with getting married for a few days then gettin it annulled or getting a divorce, because that in no way waters down marriage ....
(Please forgive me I am working on my sarcasm)
A few years ago my partner was American, and because our partnership wasn't legally recognised by her country we lived in Europe, people speak of the American dream? I love the US and normally holiday there, but because of the intolerance I would no longer wish to settle there , it's a beautiful country. But unfortunately some people make the way of life ugly, keep up the good work, your group is great :)

Unknown said...

Thank you KMK. I too received some very ugly hate mail to my personal page from people that I thought were friends. I try to keep my private life private, but everyone deserves equality. Civil union and domestic partnerships are not enough. If I want to marry my partner I should have that option. I'm not one to say that someone is not entitled to their own opinion, they are and can feel free to express it openly. However, if that opinion is based solely on some religious passage from the Bible and they can provide me with no other reasoning as to why we should not be allowed to marry, then I am going to be upset.